Thursday, August 9, 2012

Old Pleasures

I am writing again.  A wee, little bit.  It has been a long, long time since I put proverbial pen to paper and laid fiction on the page, and I am unsure why I am revisiting old words.  Maybe I needed time and distance; maybe I am lazy and unmotivated.  What is un-changed in all this time is the characters that live in my head, clamoring for their story to be told.  I think they are frustrated by my just not getting it right, that I just don't know them well enough.  Hmmm.

It has been a bit of a desert for me, creatively speaking.  I have no design work, and no budget to do any designing at my own home.  I painted and re-arranged furniture, that lasted me well for about a week.  I miss the intellectual stimulation I got at school and when I was at The Clearing.  Maybe I need to take another class.

No comments:

Post a Comment