Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let the Gardening Season Begin!

I had the supreme pleasure of beginning my work season at the home and in the garden of a lovely friend. Yesterday was an extremely atypical March day in northern Illinois, finishing out in the 70's for crying out loud! But it is so satisfying to help clients get an early start to cleaning out and garden planning.

This year, as a fledgling business, it will be the first time I will not have an outside employer and will be solely responsible for generating my own income. (Click title link for more information) This has taken a lot of faith in God having brought me to this place for a reason, for other employment opportunities have come my way. I could have had 40 guaranteed hours at Nachusa, every week, for the entire season, but after the Mid-America Horticultural Trade Show I came away more excited than ever to get my hands dirty in the garden and jump back into design for the season.

I have some irons in the fire, and word is getting out about my work. (It would probably help if got that advertisement completed. :o/ ) Maybe I will be swamped with work! Maybe I will limp along for three seasons and decide to throw in the towel. maybe a totally unexpected opportunity will come my way that I will just have to explore.

I don't know; what I do know is that I have worked hard to get to this place, and had faith that I was on the right path. I also know that whatever happens it will be a learning experience.

And I know I am excited for the outcome.

4 comments:

  1. good luck....if anyone deserves success, you have certainly worked for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ladies! It will be interesting to see what comes of the fruits of my labors. Edith, that last word means "labours" in your language. Didn't want anything to be lost in translation!

      Delete
  2. here's hoping that your "garden" grows...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kori! All those years ago, did you ever picture my gardening desires to bring me to this place? I sure didn't!

      Delete