Friday, April 3, 2009

Internship

Today was the first day I got to actually get my hands dirty at my new job. Despite not feeling well and fighting a nasty headache ubntil lunch time when I could take something, I loved it. I absolutely LOVE the people I work for and with; my boss is super-accomodating? "Anything you need, Shannon? Anything you want? Just ley us know what you need, and we will get it for you!" I think they are just very, very happy that I am so enthusiastic about my job. I really love it, even though most people consider it boring grunt work. It was grunt-ish today, just cleaning out beds around the clubhouse, but there is so much opportunity coming up to learn some amazing things and be involved in some major re-landscaping there at the golf course. The weather was gorgeous, but the wind did blow. I guess that's what happens at Prairieview: the wind blows. And doesn't stop.

I have my own golf cart with a BIG dumping bed on it, my own tools, heck, even my "own" shed! What I love the most is feeling valued and appreciated, even on the first day.

I hope they feel the same way on my last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment